[Wylug-help] HTML/CSS table width

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed May 7 15:07:21 BST 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008 14:55, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Or you could try something like this.
>     table { width: 100%;}
>     .foo { width: 40%; }
>     .bar { width: 30%; }
>     td { height: 3em; border: solid 5px red; }
>     th { height: 3em; border: solid 5px green; }
>     <col class="foo">
>     <col class="bar">
>     <col class="bar">

Thanks Dave, Chris.

Dave, This was the solution I'd arrived at myself, butI wanted to avoid
including extra HTML, such as the COL tags every time I used the table class.

Chris, this I think is the solution.  The problem was that I was concentrating
on the table and not the contents.  I'll look at handling the problems with
overflow etc., for the TH and hopefully this should give me the problem.

Gary
--
Gary Stainburn