[Wylug-help] HTML/CSS table width

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Wed May 7 15:36:47 BST 2008

On 7 May 2008, at 15:05, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Dave, This was the solution I'd arrived at myself, butI wanted to
> avoid
> including extra HTML, such as the COL tags every time I used the
> table class.

If you are looking at a 2 column table (rare probably), or a multi-
column where all but the first column are the same width, there is a
CSS selector to pick out the first occurrence of a child element - so
use something like
    table { width: 100%;}
    tr:first-child { width: 40%; }

I think there are some additional tricks of this type, but my CSS cribs
are at home...

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]