[Wylug-help] HP proliant

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Tue May 20 09:31:27 BST 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 10:12:36PM +0100, Scott Hodgson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got a skipped HP proliant server to learn on, it has 512mb ram and 2
> p3 processors I downloaded ubuntu 8.04 server edition. I have a problem
> where I have never used a server before.  When th CD gets to the options
> page of installing, check cd, check memory etc Istart one of the
> programs and hangs after loading kernel.  What am I doing wrong? do I
> need to change the internal settings?

Hi Scott,

Sounds like it needs some extra kernel parameters to boot properly.

Googling for ubuntu proliant cd kernel install hang gives lots of likely
looking results. Have a look through and see if any seem to match your
equipment and the circumstances of the hang.

Or... it could just be kippered, given that it was in a skip. ;-)

James