[Wylug-help] HP proliant

Scott Hodgson linux at sh2515.plus.com
Fri May 23 13:10:47 BST 2008

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On 23 May 2008, at 12:35, Scott Hodgson wrote:
>
>> How do you get Fedora 9 to reconise scsi array controller, as when I
>> go to install it can't see any drives?
>

> Have you used the array config utility (part of smartstart) to
> configure the drives into an array first.
>
> The controller and cpqarray driver presents the prebuilt arrays to linux
> as disks under a slightly strange dev name (not as a sda node).
>
> Things may possibly have changed now since I have not installed
> a distro to one of these systems since the ide/scsi merge, but I
> haven't seen anything that leads me to believe this would have
> changed.
>
>     Nigel.
> --
> [ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]
> [ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]

yes I used the smartstart5.5 on my compaq proliant g1 (with no bios on
it) and started the manual config to linux, however ubuntu sees it, but
don't understand why fedora doesn't so i can't install it to anything.
there is an advanced option for iscsi but don't fully understand it.  My
belief from what i have read is that iscsi is a hard drive on another
system not the one in the server i want to install on.  is this correct?