[Wylug-help] OT - desperate Adove Photoshop Elemets help req

j.lander at leeds.ac.uk j.lander at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 14:01:42 UTC 2008

Gary,

> one of the lads at work has managed to delete his wedding photos from his
> laptop.
>
> The only things left are the thumbnails within the Adobe Photoshop Elements
> program.
>
> Does anyone know how I can extract these thumbnails back into image files so
> that he can put them onto a desktop photo viewer

Thumbnails are usually very-low-resolution versions of the original
images. They are unlikely to be good enough for a photo viewer.

If you can get your hands on some forensics-style software, you might be
able to find the original deleted data on the disk. Image files have a
distinctive header that can be located.

You would need to booting the laptop off a live-CD image.

- Jason