[Wylug-help] rtl8185 wireless card

Don Magee don at leedsweb.dyndns.org
Fri Sep 5 12:03:57 UTC 2008

Hi

Thanks for the response. I used the network settings GUI that comes with
fedora 9. Theres an Activate button that should do the association and
the dhcp. But I've tried from the command line as well:

ifup wlan0

should do it.

When I try to associate the card,  iwconfig tells me the AP mac address,
ssid etc. So it seems to think that the association worked. But if you
look at the access point it isn't associated.

I also have a prism chipset card and that works fine.

Don Magee