[Wylug-help] Remote access to NAS storage

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 15 14:42:26 UTC 2009

Phil wrote:

> Additionally if you would only use a certain number of machines, you can
> employ Access Control Lists (by MAC address) at the inbound router if
> supported.

Filtering by MAC address on inbound connections?  Your home router doesn't
have the faintest idea what the MAC address of a remote machine is, surely?

jh

--
"I happen to feel that the degree of a person's intelligence is directly
  reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the