[Wylug-help] ssh problems in re-install

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:13:12 UTC 2009

After the problems I had last week I had to reinstall.  I copied back all my
files from the temporary drive and crossed my fingers.  Most things are fine, but
I have ssh problems.  It keeps telling me that the key on the server (the one
that failed) has changed.  It's possible that the backup I used did not have
the right key, but I doubt it.  Anyway, whatever the reason, I now need to
sort it out.

Is the best thing to remove the keys and known-hosts file, on both the client
and server, then create new keys and start again?