[Wylug-help] keyboard/sound problems after upgrading video

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 11:10:49 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009 09:21:19 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have FC10 with all yum updates, installed on a MSI P4M890M-L board.
>
> I upgraded from a nVidia g-force2mx to a g-force 9500GT to be able to
> double head (which works a treat).
>
> However, after rebooting KDE declared that my audio devices no longer
> existed and removed them.
>
> Also, my keyboard (PS/2) has started beeping randomly when I type. I
> borrowed a USB keyboard but this also beeped randomly (although not as
> much).
>
> Anyone know what I need to look at to sort these two problems?

Hi folks,

2 things,

1) after rebooting a few times, the keyboard beeping has stopped.

2) When I plugged an external monitor onto my laptop and used the same
technique as described above, exactly the same things happened, i.e. the
keyboard beeping until I'd rebooted, and the sound devices *disappearing*.

As it stands, I now do not have sound on either my desktop or laptop PC's.

They're both up-to-date FC10 installations. Anyone got ideas how I can get my
sound devices back working?

--
Gary Stainburn