[Wylug-help] Mounting LVM partition - Re: SATA HDD in an external case over USB - 2 partitions

Towle, William William.Towle at echostar.com
Thu Jun 24 14:54:40 UTC 2010

  I use the LFS liveCD as a development system from time to time and
only need two commands to access my Ubuntu LVM partitions. Off the
top of my head it's as simple as:

	vgchange -a y
	mount /dev/optvg/optlv /mnt/opt

  `vgchange -a` sets the "available" attribute, after which the
volumes are made known to the kernel.

W.