[Wylug-help] Fetchmail setup

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 11:41:05 UTC 2010

This probably isn't a useful response to the actual problem...

I stopped using fetchmail at all several years ago.
There are just too many corner cases where it manages to lose mail
with almost no trace (spam scanning or sender checking at SMTP time
interactions etc).  Possibly just using fetchmail as a MDA front end
might be safer, but it still seemed a bit gung-ho at thinking mail
had been delivered when it actually had not.

Currently I don't have any need to strip mail off the provider IMAP
store, so can't really suggest much of an alternative - would probably
look first at offlineimap - https://github.com/jgoerzen/offlineimap

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]