[Wylug-help] address rewriting and sender_verify in EXIM

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon May 9 14:23:25 UTC 2011

H folks.

I'm having trouble with a voice-mail to email forwarding setup.

I have a pretty standard EXIM config, on which I have sender verify enabled.
Our emails are all of the format firstname.lastname at ringways.co.uk

Our PBX is set up forward voice mails via email to certain users. However, it
sends out these emails as firstname_lastname at ringways.co.uk

Because of this the sender verify fails and the email is rejected.  I cannot
change the behaviour of the PBX  so I am looking to EXIM to fix the problem

Can I get exim to change the from address on incoming emails from using the
underscore to using the period priod to performing the server_verify?

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager