[Wylug-help] Help needed with trying to identify spammer

John Craven jc at ukzone.com
Tue Nov 8 19:29:45 UTC 2011

At 19:24 08/11/2011 +0000, you wrote:
>John,
>
> >I have been notified that a spammer is sending mail through my server.
> >I need help in finding out how this is happening.

My server is running centos 5
hth...

>First do your logs show evidence that these spams are originating from
>your system or being relayed by your system?

I don't know where to look ????
It has been suggested that I check my auth log, but I don't seem to have one.

>Have you seen any blowback?  If you are being spoofed (or otherwise)

No. I haven't had any returned mail.

>you are very likely to see many non-delivery reports.
>
>Do you have a sample of an offending e-mail with the full headers?

Email in previous email. Obviously "crossed in post".

>What mailer (MTA) are you running?  exim, sendmail?

I'm running SENDMAIL

>Andrew

   Check out our British Country Music Web Sites

         http://www.countrymusic.org.uk
         http://www.bcmi-radio.co.uk

   Over 300,000 visitors a week