[Wylug-help] 32-bit Citrix client on 64-bit AMD Debian

Felix Ulrich-Oltean linux at felixu.com
Tue Nov 8 21:58:38 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm trying to install and run a Citrix client in order to access our
school's network from home - this facility works nicely from a windows
machine (school laptop).

I've installed the client, but get the following problem when trying
to run it:

./wfcmgr
./wfcmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.4: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Having read around a bit, the citrix client is a 32-bit client, but
mine is a 64-bit (AMD) system.

The most seemingly relevant piece of advice is shown below, but it
relates to a slightly different distro.  Is there something similar to
convertpkg-compat32 on Debian to try to get this job done?

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/xenapp-citrix-client-receiver-11-cannot-be-started-on-slackware64-13-1-a-871953/

    Here is what i did.
    1. Deisntalled previous 32 bit version of open motif with removepkg
    2. Deinstalled the built in lesstiff package in Slackware 13.1
    3. After that i downloaded the 32 bit version.
    4. I converted the 32 bit version to 32-bit comatible one.
    5. I installed the 32 bit comatible version
    6. Added the directory /usr/lib/ to /etc/ld.so.conf
    7. run ldconfig
    8. i strated the aplication

Has anyone else tried to do anything similar?  Any clever ideas?

Thank you,

Felix.