[Wylug-help] Logwatch help / advice.

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Sun Oct 9 08:31:27 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 23:23 +0100, Roger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I get a system, 'Logwatch' report each day from my server.
>
> I often get items like (quoting the latest):
>
>   --------------------- httpd Begin ------------------------
>
>   Requests with error response codes
>      404 Not Found
>         http://movietvblog.com/proxyheader.php: 2 Time(s)

[snip]

At a guess it's somebody, probably using an automated tool, attempting
to exploit a bug and cause your server to act as a proxy for those
requests.

Regards,

James

--
James Holden                     Developer, SEO, Technology Consultant
http://jamesholden.net/                          Leeds, United Kingdom