[Wylug-help] Slow Internet with Ubuntu 11.04

T. Noland noland at amaro.es
Sat Sep 3 19:34:23 UTC 2011

Hello Anne,
I looked up Lynx, but it says it is a web browser, but text-only, so it covers the condition of not being "x" (I expect that's what
you meant), but it's still a www-friendly browser. I'm still wondering what you would want to browse if you were to specificly rule
out the www.
I was intrigued by Smylers specification of an "x-www-browser", rather than just "browser" or even "x-browser". You've satisfied me
on why it should be "x", but I'm still wondering about the need for "www", as I thought all browsers browsed the web.
Funny how you start to chat about one thing, and finish up chatting about another. Just like surfing the www isn't it? :-)
That's one of the nice things about these forums (fora? what's the plural of forum?.) Another is that you get to chat to people who
point you in the direction you want to go. Much appreciated folks.
Trevor.