[Wylug-help] server distro's - was grub problems...

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 14:43:53 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 01 August 2012 13:02:38 Richard Ibbotson wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://sleepypenguin.homelinux.org/
>
> An update on this one.  I did build a new ADM64 web server which is
> now plugged in and working.  New hardware solved the GRUB boot issue.
> So, hopefully, another five years of trouble free use of Apache and web
> apps.

After comments in this thread I decided to give Centos6.3 a go - unfortunately
it's still Centos 0 Fedora 1.

Centos installed okay on my DELL Vostro 1510 without any problems but then
totally failed to see my WIFI (as expected) and my LAN (which wasn't), After
fighting without an internet connection to get an internet connection I gave
in and tried F16 instead.

Most things just worked, and 5 minutes Googling got my WIFI working too - and
better than the F14 setup it replaced (It now works with my Orange Live Box).

I'll maybe give Centos another go for a server (IBM System x3550). I'm still
planning on re-designing my distributed Exim install to using mirrored
Postgresql databases. Stops me getting bored

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager