[Wylug-help] Router config problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 20 13:07:47 UTC 2012

I've just installed a Netgear N600 modem/router, and I'm having problems
understanding how it handles port forwarding/triggering.  On my old
router I accepted calls on a high-numbered port and forwarded them to
the IMAP server:143.  The new router does allow me to set custom
services on both the forwarding and the triggering screens, but I simply
can't see how to set it up.

For Port Forwarding you can add only
Service Name 	Start Port 	End Port 	Server IP Address

For Port Triggering it has the screen in the attached .png.

Am I going about this the wrong way?  The LinkSys had External Port and
Internal Port, so it was easy to sort out what it was looking for.  I
can't believe this router can't do it, so I must be missing the obvious
somewhere.