[Wylug-help] Maths software.

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:27:34 UTC 2012

On Thursday 23 February 2012 12:14:38 Douglas Mckendrick wrote:
> 	I'm wanting to post an article to a web page.  But The article
> will include some math explanation.  Can anyone recommend some
> software I could write the article with, and possibly save to a
> format for posting? The article will include some equations and
> possibly diagrams/graphs. Any help will be much appreciated.

Although there are some excellent maths packages for Linux the GUI
part is not what it could be.  I've used Mathematica and Mathcad for a
long time.  There was some activity recently where the GUI based maths
packages are being improved but it's still nothing special.  QtOctave
isn't too bad.  LibreOffice has a reasonable maths package.  Just the
graphics no calculation.  Kmplot.  Kformula.  Axiom.  Scilab.
Graphthing

--
Richard
www.sheflug.org