[Wylug-help] Mobile phone that gets Internet

Chris Davies MBCS chris.davies at bcs.org.uk
Mon Feb 27 10:22:28 UTC 2012

On 27/02/12 10:12, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I have a couple of VPN clients on mine although I haven't got them working
> perfectly with my firewall

Unless I crack my Android, it appears I won't be able to run OpenVPN on it.

> I have a AndroidVNC viewer installed on it so I can access all of my users
> Windows clients as well as X on by servers.
>
> I have a 'ConnectBot' which is a very nice ssh/telnet client.
> I hav andFTP which is a ftp/sftp/scp/ftps client

I can also recommend all three of these. The screen on my HTC Wildfire
is a little small for VNC (well, and for terminal sessions, really) but
it's adequate in a pinch. The biggest frustration I have had is that the
"|" symbol on my phone is not a *IX pipe character but instead the
overgrown colon, "¦", so I've also had to install the "Hacker's keyboard".

Chris