[Wylug-help] ClamAV problems

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:42:35 UTC 2012

On 10 January 2012 12:07, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>  That's interesting -
>>
>> [root at borg2 ~]# rpm -qi clamav
>> Name        : clamav                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
>> Version     : 0.97.3                            Vendor: Fedora Project
>>
>> I don't have any Fedora repo on my list, so I assume it's from rpmforge.
>>

> That's a fairly odd assumption.  I think it's much more likely it's from
> EPEL,
> given that EPEL's a fedora project and rpmforge isn't...

Yes, it's probably from EPEL although rpmforge seems to have a dependency
on EPEL these days so you'd have both installed.

su - does require a shell as it takes on the preferences of the user that
you're su-ing to so if a shell isn't defined you won't get one.

I would guess that you do have a permission clash somewhere so check what's
in the clam config and what user you have it running as.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"post-apocalyptic allen keys"