[Wylug-help] ClamAV problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:36:39 UTC 2012

On 10/01/12 13:46, Simon Greenwood wrote:

> On 10 January 2012 13:43, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com
> <mailto:cannewilson at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
> On 10/01/12 12:42, Simon Greenwood wrote:
>>

>> On 10 January 2012 12:07, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
> <mailto:J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>
>> <mailto:J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk <mailto:J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>>>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Anne Wilson wrote:
>>
>> That's interesting -
>>
>> [root at borg2 ~]# rpm -qi clamav Name        : clamav
>> Relocations: (not relocatable) Version     : 0.97.3
>> Vendor: Fedora Project
>>
>> I don't have any Fedora repo on my list, so I assume it's from
>> rpmforge.
>>

>> That's a fairly odd assumption.  I think it's much more likely
> it's
>> from EPEL, given that EPEL's a fedora project and rpmforge
>> isn't...
>>

>> Yes, it's probably from EPEL although rpmforge seems to have a
>> dependency on EPEL these days so you'd have both installed.
>>
>> su - does require a shell as it takes on the preferences of the
>> user that you're su-ing to so if a shell isn't defined you won't
>> get one.
>>
>> I would guess that you do have a permission clash somewhere so
>> check what's in the clam config and what user you have it running
>> as.
>>
> That was my guess too, but I've made sure that everything I can think
> of is owned by clam - the designated user in clamd.conf.
>

> Check what owns /var/lib/clamav and check the permissions. If
> necessary, clear it out. Could it be a space issue rather than
> permissions?

ls -ld /var/lib/clamav
drwxr-xr-x 2 clam clam 4096 Jan 10 09:43 /var/lib/clamav

/dev/sda5              12G  6.7G  4.4G  61% /

Neither seem to be a problem.  I suppose I could rename the directory,
create a blank one, and hope that everything gets re-created, though
I've a feeling that I had to touch various files so that they could be
appended at the first run - maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Need KDE help?  Try
http://userbase.kde.org or
Http://forum.kde.org