[Wylug-help] AMD / Linux laptop alternative

Roger roger at roger-beaumont.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 12:07:15 UTC 2012

> My laptop just went tits-up, so I'm looking for a replacement.

I found the problem and fixed it...

It seems the power cable had got kicked or something, pulling the plug
just far enough out of the socket to break contact.  I pushed the plug
back in properly and it works again!

In my defence, I've been having disk/RAID problems with my server that
started with a power cut at Christmas and should be finally sorted
tomorrow with a third new disk - this one under guarantee - so I've had
two and a half months to practice my paranoid panic reaction...

It is still nice to know that I can replace this machine when it does
finally die (over 3 years old now) with a far higher spec machine for
£305 - almost exactly what I paid for this one - AND get my AMD/Linux
preferences instead of Intel/Doze.

Thanks,

Roger