[Wylug-help] Fedora 17 and exim-pgsql RPM

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 16:06:14 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 26 March 2013 16:00:12 Simon wrote:

> Can you make the command client client talk to the server on that socket?
> That's the first test. You may need client libraries installing for exim,
> not sure off the top of my head. I would also suggest using TCP/IP rather
> than a socket.
>
> s/

Simon

The Postgresql side of things works fine. I can access it using both the Unix
socket (as per Exim) and TCP/IP to localhost.

It looks like the problem is that Exim does not have pgsql support built in.
I have looked at the exim-pgsql RPM and it contains just one file:
[root at vps116 ~]# repoquery -ql exim-pgsql
/usr/lib64/exim/4.76-9.fc17/lookups/pgsql.so
[root at vps116 ~]#

It looks like the problem is that the Exim config is not pulling in the .so
library to enable to extra keywords.

I'm looking into how to do this at the moment

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager