[Wylug-help] Solicited sales email distribution - advice needed

Lee Evans lee at leeevans.org
Mon May 20 20:14:27 UTC 2013

I'd say why reinvent the wheel

www.mailchimp.com is great, easy to use, good business intelligence analytics, list, bounce and unsub management - and free to start with at the volumes you're talking about.

Lee

----- Reply message -----
From: "Gary Stainburn" <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk>
To: <wylug-help at wylug.org.uk>
Subject: [Wylug-help] Solicited sales email distribution - advice needed
Date: Mon, May 20, 2013 16:33

Hi Folks.

I have at work one of our salesmen who has an opt-in stock-list distribution
that has been running for some time now. He has in excess of 2500 recipients
on this list.

Up until now he has simply had a Distribution list in his MS Outlook which he
maintains himself. He then sends himself an email every week containing the
stock list and BCC's the distribution list.  Other than generating an
excessive load on my EXIM server there has been no  real down side to this as
it meant that I didn't have to get involved.

However, we are now experiencing problems and I would like a better solution.

I need a system that will distribute the email to each recipient as a seperate
message, and if possible will monitor and highlight any emails that fail.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing this? Ideally I would like the salesman to
still be able to administer it but that isn't essential. If it is a system
that is either text file or database driven  I can create a UI that he would
be able to use.

Gary