[Wylug-help] problem when backing up to NAS

nigel xm2 at btinternet.com
Sun Dec 21 13:39:28 UTC 2014

Hi

My backup process freezes in the middle. Some files arrive at the
destination (a NAS box) but then the backup software hangs.

- rsync (from command line) gives no error messge
- luckybackup gives no error message
- deja dup gives
Permission denied when trying to create
‘/mnt/q/x-backups/autobackup7/duplicity-full.20141221T132122Z.vol1.difftar.gz’.

I can manually copy a file to the destination on the NAS box, using
nautilus to copy and paste.

Please can you suggest how I can diagnose the source of the problem?
Please phrase suggestions in an easy-to-understand way!

Many thanks
Nigel
in Headingley