[Wylug-help] very simple HTML table colwidth issie

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 13:43:05 UTC 2014

Hi folks.

I'm having a go at a home grown solution for having a scollable table with
locked column headers.  I've stripped the problem back to it's simplest.

I have two DIV's, one containing a table with the column headers in, one with
a table containing the data.

Despite both being defined the same, the TD widths on the two tables differ,
which means that the headers don't line up.

Can anyone tell me why please?

BTW, it works in IE8 but  not in Firefox.  I'm guessing I need to set
something in CSS but as both div's and tables are set up the same I don't
know what.

The last TD is 20px wider in the header, as is the table, to make room for the
scroll bar in the table.  However, I have removed this difference and it
didn't affect the problem.

http://www1.ringways.co.uk/test_table.html

Gary

--