[Wylug-help] Suggestions - printing to ZEBRA credit card printer attached to Win7 PC

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Wed Sep 17 16:15:02 UTC 2014

Gary Stainburn writes:

> Thanks for this. I had already considered using a perl PDF module to
> generate a PDF file, but that still leaves the question of how to
> print the PDF.

Yeah, but that's gotta be a widespread requirement that's been solved —
basically the Windows equivalent of lpr -P zebra file.pdf.

This post suggests that Win32::Printer::Direct can print PDF files,
though possibly it just passes the bytes on unmodified, so it's actually
dependent on your printer being able to handle PDF:
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=539033

One of the comments on the above post suggests using the gsprint
command: http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/gsprint.htm

> There doesn't seem to be a perl equivelent of the old Delphi print
> component,

There might be, but for those of us who have never used Delphi, that
isn't much of a description!

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2