[Wylug-help] Maximum directory size?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 22 18:53:22 UTC 2015

MY QNAP NAS has been functioning as a file server for some time.  I run
regular backup software from Windows to various directories, and am
happy with the result.

Recently I decided it was time to learn about the DNLA server - oddly
named Twonky Media Server.  I'm currently ripping all my DVDs to mp4 and
moving them to the NAS so that I can watch them on my smart TVs.  I'm
now realising that the Film directory is getting quite large, and I
still have a good many to rip.  Is there a maximum directory size?
Should I split them into subdirectories?

The OS appears to be simply a customised Linux, if that has any bearing
on the subject.  I _think_ it's 64-bit.