[Wylug-help] Firefox -> Flash cannot see webcam on F20 system

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri May 15 14:22:21 UTC 2015

Hi folks.

I  know this seems to ber a regular problem but none of the things I've found
so far seem to work.

My cam works fine in cheese, and works fine in skype.  However, Flash doesn't
even see it, and on the Flash admin panel the web cam tab doesn't even show.

I'm using a HP Envy 17-J184na with built in web cam.  From memory, I think it
just worked (for cheese and skype) without me having to do anything.

I'm trying to use flash through Firefox.

I'm using

flash-plugin-11.2.202.460-release.x86_64
firefox-37.0.2-1.fc20.x86_64