[Wylug-help] Set PDF background to transparent without quality loss

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 12:06:55 UTC 2015

Bugger, I had forgotten about the transparrency bit.

The problem I have is that the invoices that I want to put on this stationery
is produced by a system that also supports putting logo's on. Unfortunately,
when the system doesn't have a logo, it just puts a white rectangle there.

When I try to use the invoice paper as background -

/usr/bin/pdftk $fname background $template output ${fname}_bg.pdf

all except the very right side of my logo is overwritten.

By instead using

/usr/bin/pdftk $fname stamp $template output ${fname}_bg.pdf

it puts the invoice paper over the top of the invoice content.

However, I've never created a PS / PDF file by hand with a transparent
background.