[YLUG] Free to good home: Linksys WAG54G ADSL/Router

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 22:21:02 BST 2006

As per subject line.

Why is it free to good home? Simple answer is that I'm not sure if it
works(!) Basically, I encountered reliability problems with this router
and eventually ditched it in favour of a Netgear unit. Also, since it
won't run the OpenWRT firmware (wrong CPU type :-( ) it ain't a lot of
good to me.

Basically, this is a wireless (802.11b/g) ADSL router with a 4 port
switch. I found wireless to be extremely flaky (possibly fixable with a
firmware update - I never bothered as I use an access point now) but
wired performance was more than acceptable.

First one to email me gets it, but has to collect (either that or pay
for postage ...)

Simon