[YLUG] Further Meets, Install Day stuff

Nicholas Thomas lupine at yorkshire-pagans.org.uk
Wed Aug 16 13:19:01 BST 2006

Alex Smith blathered :-
> Hello all,
>
> Meet was tres good, lots of people, let's not let this slide, and do something
> soon - two weeks? (28th)?
>
> I've emailed LXF with the info about the install day, and quickly done
> /installday2006 on york.lug.org.uk, any suggestions please do tell
> me/ewan/anyone with access...
>
> WIKI WIKI WIKI WIKI. Please please pleaaase put stuff into the wiki, if you
> can help out, bring machines along, have any feed back or spare equipment.. :)
>
> Quick email, but I don't have a lot to say ;)
>
> Hope I haven't left anything out, anyway.
>
> Alex

Hi,

Was fun; pity I had to leave early, as I didn't get an opportunity to
speak to anyone much, really :(. Still, partner & me did enjoy Pirates
II ;). I've now got a burning desire to spray-paint my keyboard, at
least, so I guess something came of it!

Install-day-wise, I've got an ADSL/ADSL2+ router with a 4-port switch
and wireless integrated (useful to test people's wireless cards?!) which
can stay there for the duration - I'm using a Zyxel + a WRAP
(www.pc-engines.ch) these days, so it's just a backup right now. I've
also got a rather battered WAP11, which may or may not work (I've opened
it up a few times, to steal the PCMCIA card!)

I "can" install Ubuntu, and sort out (most) errors along the way ;). So
I've signed up for that.

Demo-PC-wise, erm... I "could" bring my PC along, as a kubuntu demo
machine ;), but it's not really very flash.

xF,

...Nick