[YLUG] And now for something completely different ...

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 18:35:54 BST 2006

Not ancient history (well, not very) but up for grabs nonetheless:

My modded Xbox is now surplus to requirements, mainly because the PS2 is
more fun :-) Specs are as follows:

- Standard Xbox hardware (733MHz Celeron, 64Mb RAM, 10/100 LAN)
- Fitted with a SmartXX 2 modchip and a 120Gb hard disk (standard Xbox
   HDDs are either 8 or 10Gb)
- Xebian (Debian for Xbox) is installed on the hard disk. Includes the
   usual stuff you'd get on an install, including X (which runs pretty
   well with Xfce4 as the WM)
- With a suitable adapter (available from any console emporium) you can
   use a standard USB keyboard and mouse.

Includes a controller and the AV cable with SCART adapter. Despite the
spec, it makes a pretty decent Linux box, and you can use it to play
games on if you like :-)

I'm open to *sensible* offers - this is not a giveaway!

Simon