[YLUG] Advocacy

Anthony Simpson babbagesmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 19:36:39 BST 2006

Hi,
Has anyone ever been involved in linux advocacy - especially to small
businesses?
This morning I went into my local copy shop today to print a CV. £2.50
to open my thumb drive - which seemed expensive until I saw what he had
to go through to open the single pdf (windows new hardware wizard, virus
scan, etc) I found myself talking about how much simpler linux is and
how OO.o can open docs etc I didn't go into technical details. I wish
there was somewhere business could go to learn about FOSS and how it
could benefit them.
What does the list think about this?
Tone