[YLUG] Linux & vlans (possibly also routing) (long...)

Craig Genner craig at gennerfam.freeserve.co.uk
Fri May 5 17:18:03 BST 2006

Craig Genner said:
> Hello folks,
>
> Quiet mailing list of late, people must be outside enjoying the nice
> weather  Not me, I'm inside fighting linux and vlans and not getting very
> far.
> Just what am I doing wrong?  The commands I'm using are the same as on the
> previous link but for the ethernet port and ip addresses.  I can post tcp
> dumps, exact commands if people want to see them.

Turns out I wasn't doing much wrong as such, and was on the right track
with it being a routing issue. I didn't quite have the full set of
commands to fully route as it should.

That and the rule to tell the routing table which rule to use has to be
issued more than 2 seconds after the actual routing commands.  Yea, wierd
I know.

After the weekend I shall write it up into a howto to help others in
similar situations.

Craig