[YLUG] Server purchase

Pete Fenelon pete at fenelon.com
Fri May 19 16:10:48 BST 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 03:46:57PM +0100, Gavin Atkinson wrote:

> In my opinion, it is absolute madness to not use ECC memory in a server
> that you need to rely on even slightly.

Agreed. We've had machines running business-critical services go very
flaky in the past because of RAM problems.  For a home machine that does
games, word processing, email and web, any old crud will do; for
something where both availability and data are important, fit something
you can trust.

pete
--
pete at fenelon.com "That is enigmatic. That is textbook enigmatic..." - Dr Who
                 "There's no room for enigmas in built-up areas." - N Blackwell