[YLUG] Finding the external IP of a linksys router

Stephen steve at patter.mine.nu
Mon May 22 14:59:06 BST 2006

Hi All

I've recently redone my network a bit to replace the long cable run from the ntl
cable box downstairs to my linux server/router/firewall upstairs with a linksys
WRT54G wireless router & a dlink wireless access point (which oddly enough works
pretty well).

The downside of this is that I have 2 totally different dyndns
hosts (which the linux router used to be able to update) but the linksys can
only update 1 host, so I'd like to be able to get the linksys's external IP via
a script which I can then use to update both dyndns hostnames. Any ideas?

--
Stephen Patterson :: steve at patter.mine.nu :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: E3E8E974 :: Jabber: patter at jabber.earth.li
"At night, the razor weasels come."