[YLUG] ubuntu-uk forums

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Wed Nov 1 19:20:08 GMT 2006

> Hey there... i'm PriceChild, a moderator from ubuntuforums.org if you
> know of me...
> Could be a very quick and easy way for you us to get a forums going...
Although the offer is kind I'd like to suggest that we don't use
forums. We already have a mailing list and a IRC channel so I don't
feel we need another method of communication.

Some would argue (and I would agree) that for many purposes such as
this one a push communication method like a mailing list are better. I
would agree.

For whatever reasons it is certainly the case that the quality of
posts on mailing lists seems to be higher than on forums, although I
accept this is only anecdotal.

-Rob

"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out." - Richard Dawkins

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/