[YLUG] ubuntu-uk forums

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Wed Nov 1 22:57:31 GMT 2006

> > Although the offer is kind I'd like to suggest that we don't use
> > forums.
> I agree. There's a limit to how many communication channels I'll
> follow. I also fear
> that a YLUG forum would be rather low traffic. A mailing list works
> fine like with low
> traffic as it's a push medium, forums don't.
Yes, this is a problem I have with forums. You really need to be
continuously visiting the forum which I don't have the time or
inclination to do.

Some forum software sends you an email when someone has replied on a
thread you're interested in but that's about as far as it goes.

What would be cool would be forum software that also acted as a
mailing list. It shouldn't be too hard in principle - when a post is
made on the forum send the mailing list people an email and vice
versa.

-Rob
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our
brains drop out." - Richard Dawkins

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/