[YLUG] Install Fest/Day

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 07:43:14 BST 2006

Morning All,

I'd just like to briefly introduce myself as a local (I live just
south of Selby) mailing list lurker!
I'm actually a member of Hull LUG, and the HullFLOSS special interest
group within the LUG (<pimp> you may have heard my interview on
LUGRadio Season 4 Episode 1 </pimp>). Basically, at some point in the
future, we are wanting to run an install day in Hull, but some of us
on the HullFLOSS committee have no experience of these events. As such
we would like to come along to your upcoming Install Day and
Watch/Help out/Do Whatever We Can. We don't have a lot to offer in
return, as most of our CD's and literature went out we we attended
Hull University's Freshers Bazaar a couple of weeks back. I can fetch
my personal laptop, which is already running Linux, and can be used
for demos etc, and we also have a couple of Simple Leaflets, that aim
to give a non-techie explaination of FLOSS and examples of software
(http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk/hullfloss/SimpleLeaflet-D2a.pdf and
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk/hullfloss/SimpleLeaflet-D2b.pdf) which
you are free to use how you feel both on the day and in future.

I am happy to log onto the Wiki and add all this information there,
but I would just like some feedback from members as to whether this
would be OK?

Cheers,
--
Steve Garton