[YLUG] I.T. consultancies/software houses in York area?

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 13:36:43 BST 2006

alastair green wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Apologies for the non-Linux nature of this post but can anyone suggest a
> good source of information for what I.T. consultancies are in the York
> area?
   Short answer is that there don't appear to be any - I've been looking
for quite a while now with no luck. A lot of the IT-orientated work in
this area appears to be centred around Leeds, which may or may not be a
good thing depending on your viewpoint (Me? I don't mind - it's often
easier for me to get to Leeds than it is to York)

   You might want to get registered at LinkedIn
(http://www.linkedin.com) which is a bit like MySpace but without the
sad emo kids and camwhores. I've only been registered on there a few
days so it's too early to say how effective it is but hey, it's free.

Simon