[YLUG] SCART to VGA connectors?

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 15:07:26 BST 2006

Arthur Clune wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2006, at 14:54, Anthony Edwards wrote:
>
>> I do have a Hauppauge PCI TV tuner card in my main PC
>
> According to the strict letter of the law, you need
> a tv license for that.
   Yep - if a device is capable of receiving TV broadcast signals, you
need a license for it. There's at least once place in York that will
remove the tuning equipment from TV sets, therefore making it license
exempt, but I couldn't justify the cost given that my TV cost me nothing
in the first place and it's nearly 10 years old anyway (I was amazed it
had a SCART connector, but there you go)

Simon