[YLUG] I.T. consultancies/software houses in York area?

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 10 18:43:08 BST 2006

Arthur Clune wrote:

> On 10 Oct 2006, at 17:48, Simon Ward wrote:
>
>>   If it was Python-based rather than PHP I'd definitely be interested.
>> Hey ho ...
>
> Did you see the bit about python and ruby on the job spec :) Ruby on
> Rails or TurboGears anyone?
   I did. Looks to be primarily PHP-orientated, which kinda rules me
out. quite apart from the fact that I'm looking at more R&D-related
stuff anyway (distributed application development a speciality ...)

   PHP aside, I'm also trying to work out the point of Ruby - during my
brief flirtation with it, it didn't appear to offer anything that wasn't
already catered for by Python and Perl. TurboGears I know about but
haven't looked at since I do very little web-related stuff nowadays. I
tried to learn Zope once, but gave up when my brain tried to chew its
way out of my skull.

Simon