[YLUG] Publicity in general

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 11:44:18 BST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:27:19AM +0100, Robert Hulme wrote:
> > > But why is there no publicity at all? The website [2] says nothing
> > > about future meetings except from a friendly "Not yet scheduled".
> > This is my fault. I took it upon myself to volunteer (in #ylug) to do
> > this but things in my life have since taken over.
> OK I've updated it: http://york.lug.org.uk/calendar.shtml

The install day rooms are wrong on the calendar.  They should all be
L/006.  The room for the talk on the 7th of November is P/L/001.

> Please go on and make some suggestions!
>
> In particular:
> 1. We have the GPG talk next, who volunteered for the next two? I
> think we have 3 other people who have offered to do talks but I can't
> find who and what they volunteered for (sorry :-S). If you're
> volunteering can you please reply and say what your topic is and what
> the date is you want? I'll update the page accordingly

The 7th is me showing how to use LaTeX and the GIMP to make a simple
festive card for your chosen wintertime holiday event.  It's meant
to be a gentle introduction to the GIMP, really, with a bit of LaTeX
thrown in.  If people have come to the installday with laptops and
want to actually do something with the fresh install, it's an ideal
opportunity for them to come and try it out.

I fought tooth and nail to arrange a room - any room at all - to hold
the meeting in, so if we don't hold it on the 7th, then we simply don't
hold it.

--
 -- zoe