[YLUG] Installday publicity

Zoe Stephenson zrs1 at york.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 12:14:54 BST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:41:16AM +0100, Stephen Patterson wrote:
> On 12 Oct 06, Simon Ward (simon at principia.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> >   Can we do something about the 'wood panelled' YLUG logo? It looks
> > absolutely horrible - it may be too late to modify the posters, but
> > maybe someone can throw something together using GIMP for the future?
>
> Well, with 10 minutes with GIMP & Google Images. Tux wearing a real viking
> helmet:
> http://patter.mine.nu/ylug.jpg
> http://patter.mine.nu/ylug.xcf

I'd have gone for something more authentic, perhaps without the ritual
protrusions and more in keeping with everyday/battle helmets...

  "...although horned helmets are in popular culture often associated
  with Vikings, there is no evidence that Viking Age Scandinavians have
  ever worn them. The attribution probably arose in 19th century
  Swedish Romanticism." [1]

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horned_helmet

--
 -- zoe