[YLUG] GPG and the law

Robert Hulme rob at robhulme.com
Wed Oct 18 11:43:53 BST 2006

> The next step then, of course, is steganography - hiding the fact that the
> encrypted files exist at all. This is where large collections of anime,
> music and teh pr0nz comes in handy, I guess.
Yeah... but if they find that you have done that then you're in trouble :-S

Stenography is far harder to use than cryptography isn't it? In that
it is much harder to hide stuff, and that to do so you need a lot of
fluff to hide your files in (e.g. a 100MB file to maybe save 1MB of
stuff)... also there is no handy file system support etc for
stenography (in the sense that you can just have an encrypted file
system if you want but can't do the same with encrypted files in a
'stenographic' file system).

-Rob

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

http://www.robhulme.com/
http://robhu.livejournal.com/