[YLUG] Tables for install event

Nicholas Thomas lupine at yorkshire-pagans.org.uk
Thu Oct 19 20:23:47 BST 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 14:50, Jan Tobias Muehlberg wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 08:55:53PM +0100, Nicholas Thomas wrote:
> > I work for Catering Services; if you like, I can see if Jenny (I think
> > it's Jenny) will let us steal a table or two from Langwith dining room.
> > Assuming there are any - I've never been in there. Comments?
>
> Please do so. It seems that we will need any table we could get.
>
> J.T.

OK... catering services can't help, but have suggested that $someone ask the
porter's lodge, as they're the ones who do all the table rearranging/etc.
They don't "have" to do it, but apparently they're quite amenable to charm
(and possibly bribes? ;) )

Regarding the weekend of the install, I'm working 10am-2pm, so will be able to
help with install after that. Test day, I should be able to come along to -
it's the day after Wendyhouse, so i'll do my best!

Regarding the server... I'd imagine it's "just" a matter of setting up falcon
on some machine, and feeding it the packages downloaded from the
repositories - I've never done this, but suppose I could set it up on my PC
and bring it along... although getting it through public transport could be
fun!

I'll see if I can find some time to experiment tomorrow and let you know if
it's feasible for me to set something up...

xF,

...Nick