[YLUG] Install practice results

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Mon Oct 23 11:25:29 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 10:44:50AM +0100, Ewan Mac Mahon wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 10:21:34PM +0100, Pete Fenelon wrote:
>
> > I would hazard a guess that far more users are interested in software
> > that's free-as-in-beer than free-as-in-speech.
> >
> I would think that more users /think/ they are.

Also, occuring to me just after I'd sent that, is the fact that most
users don't ever pay for software directly anyway; Windows comes 'free'
with the machine, as will basic media players etc. iTunes is free,
flash/real etc. are free, and Office is easily knocked off from friends.

Individual users don't generally care about the price of software
because they don't pay it.

Ewan