[YLUG] Coding books up for grabs (reprise)

Simon Ward simon at principia.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 10:00:56 GMT 2006

No 4-volume nutshells here ( :-) ) but the following books are up for grabs:

- C++ Common Knowledge (Dewhirst)
   A C++ cookbook of sorts - some good stuff in it but definitely aimed
   at C++ programmers with more knowledge of the language than me.

- Mono: Developer's Reference (Dumbill/Bornstein)
   A guide to using Mono with an emphasis on C# applications. Includes
   stuff on GTK# and various other odds and ends.

- PHP Phrasebook (Wenz)
   Pocket-sized PHP cookbook. OK, if you like that sort of thing.

- Python Web Programming (Holden)
   Big f'k-off book on CGI programming and whatnot for Python :-)

I'm open to offers for these - the C++ and Mono books are new (as in
`sat on the shelf and never used' new) whilst the PHP and Python books
have had some usage. Alternatively, anyone who waves 35 quid under my
nose can have all four (the Python book on its own cost more than this)

I can deliver to interested parties at a City Screen meeting or they can
collect from me. All except the Python book can be posted at sensible
cost if required.

Simon